Our client has operated in the Auto and Marine Upholstery business for 35 years and is known for impeccable workmanship and processional service with a quick turnaround time.
They are looking for a full time Upholsterer to join the team and you can expect a long term career with a reputable company and competitive package.
Do you process the following professional traits?
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Well organised and have high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate confidently with clients
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
If you answered YES, keep reading!
The job of Auto and Marine Upholsterer includes working on the following;
- Seat repairs
- Seat recovery
- All aspects of vehicle Upholstery
- Boat Covers
- Overall covers
- Road Covers
- Trailer Covers
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- securing material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- measuring and cutting materials and covering furniture
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
Successful candidates will have at least 3 years' experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.