An employer is looking for Carpenter's Assistants in the Hawkes Bay region. Predominantly in the Napier, Hastings & Waipukurau area.
The role is primarily assist to manufacture protective canopy framework and structures, work hands on with timber, and erect and repair structures and facilities. You will assist to build install and repair framework and canopies manually or use machine, operate saws to cut timber & materials accurately.
The roles' secondary requirements require candidates to
- load, unload and transport building and construction materials, tools and equipment,
- erect and dismantle temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding,
- mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar, clean and carry out minor repairs on storm water drains and canals,
- check for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems, dig holes and shovel excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal, and spread and level soil, gravel and sand on roads, driveways, and trench bottoms.
- You will also be assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings and installing fixtures.
If you are keen, register your interest today!
At least 1 year of experience in a similar role with practical construction site experience is required.