- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
Glazier Salary. The average rate for a Glazier is NZ$21.25 per hour. At least 3 years of experience in the industry.
Glaziers are responsible for glass installation, cutting, assembling, and fitting metal-framed glass enclosures. They are also in charge of driving vehicles to installation sites, unloading material, fabricating and installing framework, and loading and arranging glass onto vehicles.