You'll be responsible for glass installation, cutting, assembling, and fitting metal-framed glass enclosures. Other tasks will include driving vehicles to installation sites, unloading material, fabricating and installing framework, and loading and arranging glass onto vehicles.
Perks of the Job:
- Competitive wages
- Full time hours
- Great company, team and environment
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
- At least three years experience
- Ability to operate power and hand tools in a safe manner
- Ability to read and comprehend technical drawings
- Ability to work to deadlines without skimping on quality
- Must have high attention to detail
Apply Now and start ASAP!
Applicants for this position should be NZ residents or hold a valid NZ work visa.