Stainless Steel Fabricator/ Welder
Work for a light to medium engineering business based in the sunny Hawke's Bay City of Napier as a Qualified Stainless Steel Fabricator/Welder.
Join their growing team and enjoy:
- full time, permanent employment
- competitive rates
- great working atmosphere and opportunities to grow within the company and master your craft
We are seeking a trade's person with good experience in stainless steel fabrication and the ability to adapt easily to both aluminium and mild steel tasks as they arise. TIG welding experience is essential.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
Send us your CV with trade certification and listed experience.
Applicants should be a NZ resident or hold a valid work visa.