We have several roles open for structural steel construction workers in Christchurch.
The role involves completing the following tasks in a safe & efficient manner
- Erecting and dismantling structural steel frames of buildings and other structures.
- Erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- Attaching slinging gear o hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- Fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- Lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- Measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- Fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- Setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- Erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
- General labouring duties to move materials onto site and keep the site clear and safe
If you have at least one year of relevant industry & construction experience assisting in erecting steel framed, structural steel buildings to completion we would love to hear from you!