We have several roles open for structural steel construction workers in Napier.
The role involves completing the following tasks in a safe & efficient manner
- Erecting and dismantling structural steel frames of buildings and other structures
- Assemble and install rigging gear to lift, lower, move and position equipment, steel and other heavy objects
- Erecting lifting tackles by attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures and installing cables and attaching counterweights
- Attaching slinging gear o hoisting equipment and objects to be moved using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- Fitting and bolting tubes, support braces and components to form bases and build up scaffolding
- Lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding
- Measuring, cutting, bending and fitting welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
- Fixing mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- Setting up winches and rigging equipment to raise and position girders, plates, columns and other steel units
- Erecting guard rails, guy wires, ropes and clears, laying planks and hanging safety nets
- General labouring duties to move materials onto site and keep the site clear and safe
If you have at least one year of relevant industry & construction experience assisting in erecting steel framed, structural steel buildings to completion we would love to hear from you!
call 0800 ONE WORLD or email your application through with reference number 821