Trade Assistant Carpenter
About the role:
The primary role will be to manufacture prenail product to meet, plan and delivery specifications.
The Trade Assistant Carpenter will be expected to work 'hands on' with timber.
You will have experience in reading cutting lists, timber saws and nailing machine. The role also requires a high standard of workmanship together with strong customer service skills.
- Assist to build trusses and frames manually or use machinery supplied accurately to plans.
- Operate saws to cut timber accurately to cutting list
- Loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- Ensure material used meets quality and industry standards.
- Assist in monthly stock takes
- Maintain an effective and tidy working area.
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials
- using ladders and other equipment to complete structures
- Provide assistance to other work areas
What's on offer:
- Stable and supportive working environment
- Permanent, full time position
- Safety gear provided
- Great rate and remuneration
About you - We are looking for candidates with the following skills & experience:
- Trade qualification an advantage
- Practical carpentry experience for at least 2 years
- Be hard working, reliable and motivated
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to deal with unexpected events and make decisions
- Can work well and efficiently both unsupervised and within a team
- Good level of physical ability
Apply Now if you fit the above criteria. Suitable candidates will be contacted directly.
Applicants for this position should be a NZ resident or a valid NZ work visa.